Using the following links to take you to the Girls or Boys travel programs description page.
Traveling teams can choose to participate in additional tournaments. The team will be responsible for the cost and registration. RCYBA can provide a listing of additional tournaments and on occasion may forward new or free tournament information to coaches.
If a team is going out to additional tournaments they must use the roster that is assigned to them at the start of the season. A coach CAN NOT add players from other teams. Under MYAS this is considered a rogue team and cannot participate in MYAS and most other winter tournaments. These roster rules do not apply to off season tournaments. You must then follow MYAS roster rules.
Violations to this policy may result in dismissal of the head coach and/or from the RCYBA Tournament in Feb./Mar.
Short a player for a Tournament
While team rosters have sufficient numbers to be competitive if a player or two are missing for a tournament, there are times it may be necessary to supplement your roster with a “borrowed” player. Per the following rules it is acceptable to bring in a player not on your roster if you’re going to be short players (less than 8) for a tournament.
1) The temporary player must be in the RCYBA program.
2) The player must be from the same high school district. If you’re a Century coach you cannot pull from a JM team.
3) The player needs to be from the same grade level. At no time is it allowed to pull a player down a grade, i.e. 8th grade to play at 7th grade. A player may be allowed to play up a grade. However this will require applicable RCYBA School Liaison approval along with the approval from those listed in bullet #6.
4) The player being brought in cannot be playing in the same tournament for another team.
5) Any request to bring in a temporary player MUST be approved by the player’s assigned coach.
6) Finally and most important; the player MUST HAVE APPROVAL from their parents/guardians.