The following Code of Conduct Pledge are aimed at parents being positive about their child’s youth sports experience and accept responsibility for their participation by following this Parents' Code of Conduct.
Parent Code of Conduct Pledge
- I will remember that the game is for the kids - not the adults.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials regardless of ability, race, sex, or creed at every practice, game, and tournament.
- As a parent/guardian, I will inform the coach of any physical, behavioral, disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will respect the rules of the game and the policies of the program.
- I will teach my child the rules of the game and how to resolve conflicts without hostility or violence.
- I will place team improvement and effort ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I expect a sports environment that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at on-site practices and events.
- I will do my best to make sure that youth sports are a FUN and POSITIVE experience.
- I will treat other players, coaches, fans, volunteers and officials with respect.
- I will not berate the officials!
- I will not undermine the coaches' instructions or directions.
- I will not use profanity!
- I will communicate my concerns through the proper channels in a dignified manner.
- Discuss with the coach, outside of practice or game time.
- Contact your League or Traveling Coordinator, in writing.
- Contact a member of the RCYBA Board of Directors, in writing.
Contact information is on www.rcyba.org.
Anonymous or Verbal complaints are not given consideration.
By registering to play in the RCYBA program, the undersigned parent(s) or legal guardian(s), hereby pledge to follow the aforementioned Code of Conduct.
Any violation of the Code of Conduct may result in a temporary or permanent banishment from any RCYBA sponsored events.
Please BEHAVE or BE GONE!
Your kids thank you and so do we!